Why Go to a Pediatric Dentist Instead of a General DentistLake Forest, CA
The content below is for informational purposes, Meshia Azad DDS may not perform all procedures listed on this page, for more information please call us.
While a General Dentist will help a child receive the necessary dental care, it will not be as beneficial or specific as a Pediatric Dentist. One major difference between a General and Pediatric Dentist is that a Pediatric Dentist goes through specialized training to treat dental issues within infants, children and patients in their early teens. After completing the typical four-year dental school program, a Pediatric Dentist then completes two more years of residency training to gain the title of a Pediatric Dentist.
The type of issues an endodontist treats
- A pediatric dentist can safely provide an accurate and harmless examination of an infant’s first tooth. Since baby teeth begin to grow as early as 1 year of age, it is crucial for a pediatric dentist to ensure that the teeth grow in properly. A Pediatric Dentist will know best and the earlier a parent’s visits the dentist for their child, the better. Call us to see when the best time to schedule a checkup is.
- Parents may understand that certain foods affect a child’s dental health, but may be unaware that pacifier use and thumb sucking can also negatively affect a child’s teeth. A pediatric dentist can help to guide parents on breaking these habits with their child at the right time.
- When it comes to the actual visit, a pediatric dentist can provide a comfortable and child-friendly atmosphere. Children will feel more comfortable in the waiting room and be at ease with Meshia Azad chairside manner.
- Since children are still developing their teeth, oral hygiene will differ for each child based on the age. A pediatric dentist can go over the best and healthiest oral hygiene technique for the child. Children should not use the same fluoride toothpaste that adults use and will need a gentle tooth brush.
- Pediatric dentists use specifically-designed tools for children’s dental care. Along with creating a comfortable atmosphere for children, pediatric dentists understand that children are not full-grown adults and need different treatment methods than adults.
Along with providing proper dental care, Meshia Azad strives to help the child build a healthy relationship with dental checkups and oral hygiene techniques. The goal is to educate the parent and child on proper dental hygiene in a fun atmosphere. Instead of judging and lecturing a patient, Meshia Azad spends more time educating the patient.
By creating a positive atmosphere in the dental office, the hope is that the child will feel more comfortable with the aspect of returning for another visit. Meshia Azad can take care of the patient as necessary, parents need to help the child with dental hygiene at home. By working together, parents and Meshia Azad can help ensure that the child receives the necessary care.
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: Why Go to a Pediatric Dentist Instead of a General Dentist Lake Forest
Back to top of Why Go to a Pediatric Dentist Instead of a General Dentist
Are your wondering if your children need a kids dental specialist? Some children struggle with dental visits, so it may be useful to see a specialist who understands their needs.A kids dental specialist, also known as a pediatric dentist, participates in additional training to provide oral care services for children. A dentist who specializes in…
Infant teeth care will ensure your baby's dental health as they grow. There is a common misconception that milk teeth, or primary teeth, do not matter that much, but nothing could be further from the truth. Healthy milk teeth create space in the jaw for permanent teeth. They shape the jaw and determine how the…
When it comes to understanding the ideal cavity treatment for kids who have one or more cavities, making an appointment with a kids' dentist is highly suggested! A dentist for kids is a professional dentist who has decided to focus on providing quality dental services for people until about they reach the age of about…
Diet is critically important for developing healthy teeth for kids. In our dental office, we help kids through regular dental cleanings and fluoride treatment. Still, we know that these are not enough for maintaining a lifetime of good oral health. Healthy choices must also be made at home on a daily basis. When they are,…