Helpful Dental InformationLake Forest, CA
The content below is for informational purposes, Meshia Azad DDS may not perform all procedures listed on this page, for more information please call us.
At Meshia Azad DDS, we are passionate about oral health and ensuring that our Lake Forest, CA patients have the resources they need to maintain healthy teeth for a lifetime. As a rule of thumb, this demands ongoing preventative dental care. Having children maintain healthy teeth also requires education, to help them become aware of the dental solutions and what they can do to stay healthy at home. Here, we have provided some helpful dental information on oral health. We encourage you to find the section you are interested in and read more details on our website. If you have further questions, call our dental office at (949) 625-1570.
- Dental Anxiety
- Dental anxiety impacts millions of people. If your child is afraid of visiting the dentist or has extreme anxiety when it is time to visit the dentist, let us know. There are sedation options that can help your child to relax, and medication that can keep your child comfortable during the entire procedure.
- Options for Replacing Missing Teeth
- If your child has lost permanent teeth from an accident, you are not alone. Children can lose teeth from various forms of accidents or from poor dental hygiene. Meshia Azad, can provide your child with a variety of solutions that include a dental bridge and much more. All three methods allow for your child to eat and speak clearly, while also restoring your child’s smile. However, each procedure has distinct advantages that the other may not provide. To find out which procedure would work best for your child, call 949-625-1570.
- Oral Hygiene Basics
- At Meshia Azad DDS, we are passionate about patient education. We will take the time to show your child how to brush and floss properly, when you visit our dental office. We recommend that your child brushes his or her teeth, two to three times a day using fluoride toothpaste for two minutes at a time. This will help to keep your child’s teeth clean and healthy; when also combined with daily flossing. Your child should still visit our Lake Forest office, for professional teeth cleanings twice per year.
- Preventative Dental Care
- Preventative dental care is vital to maintaining lifelong oral health. When providing patients with helpful dental information, we always recommend regular teeth cleanings, fluoride treatments and dental sealants. These three things can work together to reduce the likelihood of your child developing cavities. At Meshia Azad DDS, we can create a preventative dental care plan for your family.
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: Helpful Dental Information Lake Forest
Back to top of Helpful Dental Information
A pediatric dental check-up is more important than many parents realize. It allows us to ensure that a child's teeth are coming in properly and allows us to clean their teeth to prevent the likelihood of developing decay. Even young toddlers can develop tooth decay. In fact, it is so common that there is a…
We recommend calling our office and scheduling a dental checkup for kids this Spring before Summer begins and vacations start. It's far easier to plan to visit the dentist now than having to worry about planning appointments in between vacations and summer camps. Here are three reasons to schedule this check up on a regular…
If your children complain of pain when they are eating candy this Halloween, it could be a sign that they need a kids dental check-up. This is because teeth that are beginning to suffer from decay are going to be more sensitive. Therefore, when a child eats candy, the sugar is likely to cause irritation.…
Scheduling a biannual kids' dental checkup can help to keep a child healthy. Most parents understand that cavities are a common problem, but few realize how widespread it is. Tooth decay (cavities) are labeled as an infectious disease by the Center for Disease Control, and they contribute to children missing more days from school than…